The New 42nd Street Studios is the rehearsal home to many of the country’s most respected commercial and non-profit companies. We primarily rent to the professional performing arts community and have clean, beautiful, column-free studios where all types of live performance are created. Broadway and Off-Broadway musicals and plays, small- to large-sized dance companies, local and regional theater companies, choral and opera groups and even orchestras choose our spaces to rehearse their projects into life. We also have a successful history of renting our spaces for workshops, readings, invited presentations, auditions and special events. The New 42nd Street Studios building is the preferred location for the industry’s top choreographers, directors, performers and producers, and artists working in our facility have said that when you work here, you know “you’ve made it.”
360° View of Studios 7A and 7B http://www.new42studios.org/Studios/media/Images/Tour/index.html?html5=only
Our studios are some of the largest and most well-appointed in New York City with an abundance of natural light, and our facility was built from the ground up to create the best possible professional rehearsal environment for the arts industry. We work hard year-round to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and customer satisfaction, and our staff are highly-trained in administration, production, safety procedures and building maintenance and are always ready to efficiently assist with our renters’ various rehearsal needs.
|13 Rehearsal Studios|
|The Jerome Robbins Studio 7A||55′ x 50′|
|Studio 6A||55′ x 50′|
|Studio 4A||55′ x 50′|
|Studio 3A||57′ x 39′|
|The Marian S. Heiskell Studio 9A||35′ x 50′|
|The Joan & Joe Cullman Studio 9B||35′ x 50′|
|The Mike Ockrent Studio 7B||35′ x 50′|
|The Floria V. Lasky Studio 6B||35′ x 50′|
|Studio 4B||35′ x 50′|
|Studio 3B||35′ x 39′|
|Studio 4C||15′ x 16′|
|The Jerry Zaks Studio 6C||15′ x 16′|
|The Dorothy & Lewis B. Cullman Studio 7C||15′ x 16′|
The New 42nd Street Studios is an accessible facility, conveniently located in the heart of the country’s premier entertainment district, Times Square, on its most iconic block and easily reached by public transport.
To schedule an appointment for a site visit, please email StudiosInfo@New42.org.
Studio Specifications & Amenities
- Basket weave sprung floors with Rosco Adagio vinyl surface (11 studios)
- Basket weave sprung maple floors with optional marley vinyl covering (3 studios)
- 13.5′ ceilings with 12.5’ clearance
- Studio-length mirrors in all studios
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with automated shades in most studios
- Dimmable lights
- Soundcraft Spirit Powerstation sound system and EAW speakers in all A and B studios
- Concert baby grand piano in Studio 3A, exclusively, with performance upright pianos in all remaining studios
- Studios individually climate-controlled
- Select studios appointed with permanently-affixed ballet barres
- Use of rigging points for “static” hangs, only, in all A and B studios, with Studio Administration approval
- DSL service available in all studios and stage and company management offices
- Studios each come with an inventory of tables and chairs and coat racks and hangers.
- Additional furniture and equipment rentals music stands, stackable chairs, 8” and 16” risers/platforms, TVs with VCR/DVD players, MP3 cables, handheld Shure microphones, soft goods and additional power tie-ins.
- Filtered water fountains in every hallway and in the green room
- Building open 9am-7pm (rehearsal hours 10am-6pm) Monday through Saturday
- 1 passenger elevator, 1 freight/passenger elevator
- Freight elevator 8’6″w x 6’8″d x 9’5″h
- Stage and company management offices available to rent
- Spa-like dressing rooms and lockers that include individual, programmable locks
- Green room with kitchenette, vending machines, seats for eating and lounging and company promotional materials
- Copy room services
- Studio 9C – 8’ x 10’ space with table, chairs, floor-to-ceiling window and phone. DSL capable for additional fee.